Pages

REVIEW: Beauty Box 5 December 2013

Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling program that delivers a box filled with 4-5 cosmetic samples to your door every month and is open to US and Canadian subscribers.

Cost: $12 per month, $30 quarterly, $99 annually

The theme this month is Naughty and Nice. Which makes sense, since it is the holiday season. Now, on to the products! This month, the following was in my Beauty Box 5: 


Every Beauty Foot Smoother - $5.00
I don't have very rough feet so I will probably end up passing this on to someone else. It seems like a well made item and I have always had a good experience with other products from this brand. 

NYX Love in Rio Eyeshadow Palette - $6.00
This is another item I will be passing on to someone else to enjoy. I have used other NYX products in the past and loved them, but I don't think I could pull off blue eyeshadow haha. According to the informational card included in the box, this palette is moderately pigmented, which will make this product versatile in that you could build the colour up or keep it natural. 

OFRA Lipgloss Plumper - $12.95
It's winter and this shade of lipgloss is absolutely perfect for the season. The colour is a deep, shiny, coppery plum shade and goes on moderately thick. The only complaint I might have is that it is a little too thick and feels a little heavy. 

Body Drench Hemp Moisturizing Day Lotion - $1.00
Hemp lotion! I am a big fan of hemp lotions so I was happy to see this in my box. The formula is thick and absorbs within a minute or so. 

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer - $1.00
This gel moisturizer is incredibly light and smells great! Like cucumbers and mango. The gel formula spreads evenly and has a watery texture that sinks into your skin quite quickly. I think this would make a perfect facial moisturizer in the summer. 

Verdict: The first three items were full-sized and the last two were sample sizes, which means this box that I paid $8.25 for had a value of $25.95! Although the mix of products was not as varied as I had hoped (2 makeup, 2 moisturizers) they were all products that were new to me. And isn't that the point of getting beauty boxes, to try new products you otherwise wouldn't have? Overall, I found this particular box to be of good value. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment