Pages

REVIEW: Beauty Box 5 February 2013

Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling program that delivers a box filled with 4-5 cosmetic samples to your door every month and is open to US and Canadian subscribers.

Cost: $12 per month, $30 quarterly, $99 annually

This month, the following was in my Beauty Box 5: 



Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara - $8.50
I was incredibly excited to get this item in my beauty box because I have been on a huge mascara kick lately. When I used this item I was surprised it claimed to be volumizing because I thought it gave a very natural look. It separates lashes effectively and held a curl well. 

Rockstar Nails Nail Polish & Caviar - $14.99
Nail caviar! Such an interesting look but the potential for a mess here is high. I must mention that the smell of the polish is very strong so it is advisable to use in a well-ventilated area. The polish itself only required one coat for full coverage but there were some streaking issues. To use: after letting the polish get a bit tacky for ten seconds, sprinkle on some of the caviar. Not sure how long or well the caviar will last but a top coat can't hurt.

John Freida Luxurious Volume Shampoo & Conditioner - $1.00
There were two samples of this John Freida shampoo and I must say I am impressed. It made my hair incredibly smooth and the product itself smelled great. In terms of volume there was no discernible difference so I'm not sold on that front, but its a shampoo, not a miracle worker haha. 

L.A. Fresh - Antibacterial Wipes - $2.49
Plain ol' antibacterial wipes. Not much to report on here but I will be keeping them in my desk for use later. 

MyNameNecklace.com Voucher - $10.00
I don't really consider vouchers or coupons an actual item in beauty boxes because I have to spend additional money to try the product. It was nice to get but I browsed the site and nothing there is really my style. 

Verdict: Another disappointing box this month because there were only four actual items. Additionally, the two last items I mentioned in this post were lacklustre. In general, I like the boxes but I really hope Beauty Box 5 steps up their game next month for Spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment